HOME Home About Subscribe Features FAQ Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Friday, November 28, 2014

My Haircare Routine




I have to admit. The part of my body that I neglect the most is my hair. It doesn't come close to getting the kind of attention my skin, my arms or my eyes get. It's not on purpose, I just never had too much trouble with it so I kind of always focused on something else.

However, I do have a haircare routine. Simple, but still a routine that keeps it mostly happy. I have a minimalistic approach because my hair tends to be weighed down so easily. So here's what I do:





Keeping it clean
Shampoo and conditioner are naturally the two products that impact your hair the most. It took me a really, really long time to understand my hair and find the right combination of products for it. Boy, my hair was a complete mess up until four or five years ago. It was really flaky and dull, and the shampoo and conditioner I was using didn't help at all. I then learned that my hair responds best to moisturizing, nutritious shampoos, but goes bonkers with oily or overly clarifying ones.

With the LUSH Cynthia Sylvia Stout Shampoo, all the flakes are gone and as a nice added bonus my hair is super shiny. It contains actual stout, which apparently my hair is head over heels with. The scent is definitely a love-it or hate-it kind of scent, and luckily I'm in the love it bandwagon. The American Cream Conditioner, on the other hand, has an intoxicating vanilla and strawberry scent that lingers for hours. It isn't overly heavy nor light, just right in the middle, and leaves my hair soft and manageable.

Once a week though (usually during the weekend), I like using a clarifying shampoo. The one I'm currently loving is also from LUSH (a bit of a LUSH addict, huh?), and it's the I Love Juicy shampoo. This one is like putting a fruit cocktail in your hair: it is full of pineapple, mango and kiwi which leave hair squeaky clean. I don't use it too often because my hair would have a fit if I did, but once a week is the perfect balance to get rid of all the gunk and residue that has accumulated.



In the mornings
When I am rushing to get out of the house in the morning and don't want to deal with my hair, I take a dollop of the Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Styling Treatment and comb it through my hair, focusing mostly on the ends. It is a great multitasker (a.k.a. no-fuss timesaver!), and my hair remains controlled. It creates a good amount of volume without all the frizz, and it also works as a leave-in conditioner. It is a must-have in the stash of any woman with no time to worry about the state of her hair. I use it about three times a week and it definitely gives my hair that extra oomph.
Oh, and I also use this when I heat-style my hair, as it has heat protectants, too!



Hair Masks
Around once a week, I use the Yves Rocher Moroccan Clay Mask. It is very conditioning thanks to all the argan oil, and leaves my hair soft and shiny. I use it mostly at night when I am showering after a run, leave it on for five minutes, rinse off, and I find that my hair wakes up the next day nice and smooth.


When I'm feeling fancy
For the special occasions, I head straight for my BumbleAndBumble Thickening Creme Contour. This is a very light paste that you melt in your hands, comb through your hair, and it gives it gorgeous volume and subtle texture. It is for use on dry hair, so after heat-styling or air drying, simply apply a dollop of it and build your hair to the exact shape you want. Mine is so very straight that it refuses to hold a style for too long, so this is a godsend.




And for those days...
Then there are the days when I take out my BumbleAndBumble Surf Spray. It is salt-infused, giving you those much-too-coveted laid back beachy waves. There is something very sexy about spraying your hair with this guy, with all the volume and attitude it provides. I specially love it when I want to pull the whole "oh, I just woke up like this" thing off.


What are your must-have haircare products? I'd love to hear your best recommendations!
Love you bunches!




 photo Button1_zps4b1eff04.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...