HOME Home About Subscribe Features FAQ Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Full Coverage Tips For Blemished Skin






I was thinking that today we could play a fun little game: raise your hand if you enjoy breakouts...!  Come on....  Don't be shy...  Raise it...  Raiiiiise it....!!!  No? No one?
Ok fine, it seems no one likes breakouts. BUT life is funny like that and chances are you've had them or might even have one right now. What's that!? You do!? Yay, me too! We can be zit buddies today (or something less lame!).

Like any good friend, though, I am going to show you some tips and tricks I've picked up over the years to mask the little bastards. Yes, we all are beautiful, what's inside is what matters blah blah blah but let's face it: that doesn't mean that we want to walk around with a third eye. (Or maybe you do, I'm not here to judge!).

So first things first:

1. Make sure you clean your face properly: get into those pores and take out all the gunk they accumulate. 

2. Now start off with a good primer. There is no point in covering up a zit perfectly, only to have your makeup be gone half an hour later. On my last post  I also suggested using a makeup-setting spray, which is just as effective as a primer and gives a wonderful cooling sensation for when the temperatures are high. 

3. Use a full-coverage foundation. This DOES NOT mean putting eight pounds of it on your face! (which would actually be counterproductive). Start with a thin layer and build it up until you get your desired coverage.

4. Concealer! This is probably one of the most key parts of this tutorial, as what this is all about is concealing! So find a good one, and conceal the heck out of those little buggers. 

5. Another key aspect for me is to take as much focus away as possible from the culprits. So what I'll do is I will put on a bold lipstick and really play up my eyes. (Black eyeliner can do wonders for this!). There is a fine line, however, between having eyes and lips that steal the focus away from the rest of your face, and looking like a "lady of the night", if ya' know what I mean!  Oh, and if your breakouts happen to be around the cheek area, like mine, go easy on the blush. Again, we are trying not to bring attention to them!

6. Finally, don't take yourself too seriously. I used to get so miserable whenever I saw another pimple making its unwanted appearance, and I realized I was letting them ruin my mood way too often. Yes, zits still annoy me, but they don't control me anymore. And if you're like most women, you won't be able to escape them either. Kind of like your child when you are trying to go to the toilet in peace. So do what you'd do in those cases: ignore them and it will be over before you know it.


The photos above are the final look (non-photoshopped), and here are the products used for this tutorial:


Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation in Medium Sand
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Ginger
M.A.C. Studio Fix Pressed Powder in NC42
Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Lipstick in Shocking Coral
Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara
Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Pink Plum






No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...