HOME Home About Subscribe Features FAQ Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Soft Everyday Makeup Tutorial






































Hi there, long time no see!
I am back, and this time with my everyday makeup look. I like to switch up my makeup a bit every day so I don't fall into a rut, but sometimes there are those days when I just need a tried-and-true look, be it for lack of time, or maybe because I am not particularly feeling my best. On those days I know to go for some products that work like a charm. I love this routine because it is appropriate for multiple purposes, and it isn't too bold or difficult to pull off. Here is my routine:



1. First of all, I apply my foundation and concealer. I am currently loving the Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation: it is super buildable and provides awesome coverage, which is great for those days when I'm in a pinch. Then I apply my Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Ginger under my eye area, and on all my spots and blemishes (specially that pesky little guy on my right cheek! Ugh!). Under my eyes, I do a little triangle shape all the way down to my cheekbones, and blend with my finger. These two products blend seamlessly, but now I am in desperate need of some color on my face.



2. Now come the powders: I am a lifetime loyal fan of the M.A.C. Studio Fix Powder. It mattifies my complexion like no other I've ever tried, and when you produce as much oil as I do, that's exactly what floats your boat. Next I put on my Milani Baked Blush in Berry Amore, because I'm wanting to bring lots of life to my face and I really don't have time to apply a bronzer. I love how it has a very subtle shimmer which also slightly highlights the face. 




3. Time to do my eyes, which is one of my favorite parts of doing my makeup. First off, I curl those eyelashes so they stop resembling a donkey's. Then I reach for a palette where I can find all the colors I'll need without having to look around for more, and that is the Stila In The Light Palette. I start with the color "Bare" right under my brow bone. Look how much more awake my eyes look just by applying some light under the eyebrows!





4. Let's add some color shall we? I'm sticking with matte finishes here, because like I said, this is an everyday look that I want to make work for most situations. I start with "Bliss" all over my eyelid. Then I apply some "Sunset" on the crease, which complements "Bliss" perfectly and adds depth and definition to the eyes. And finally, I apply a bit of "Sandstone" on my outer v, smoking my eyes a little and giving them an extra "something something". This is such a gorgeous deep brown, it reminds me of a rich chocolate milkshake. 




5. Or course this look wouldn't be complete without some good ol' mascara. I find myself usually reaching for Lancome Hypnose Drama Instant Full Body Volume Mascara (what a mouthful!). It does exactly what it says: it adds that drama that we always want our eyes to portray. And this bad boy doesn't smudge at all, and reliability is something we want in a mascara, people.





6. Alright, we are nearly finished! The last step is to apply a gorgeous shade of lipstick that complements the whole look and voilà! In this case my choice is CoverGril LipPerfection Lipstick in 260 Heavenly. It isn't too girly or too bold, it is just right and appropriate. This lipstick was actually a gift from the gorgeous Martyna from Spoolish, as part of a blogger swap we did a couple of months ago, and I love it a lot. I'll dedicate a whole post to the swap sometime this week, so keep your eyes peeled for that if you're interested. Girl really knew the way to my heart! 

This is it! We are ready to walk out the door in 15 minutes, looking pretty. I hope you liked this look, and let me know if you have tried any of these products, and what are those that you reach for over and over when you are in a pinch?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...