HOME Home About Subscribe Features FAQ Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A Music Kind Of Day




Yesterday I had a completely "Blah" day. You know the kind, it wasn't necessarily bad, nothing sad happened in my life... but it was the kind of day when little things that you normally don't give a second thought to, were really annoying me. I'm a woman, so I can get away with blaming it on my hormones, and that's exactly what I'm doing. Darn hormones!

I posted a while back about what to do on those kinds of days to get you in a better mood and frame of mind. I applied two of my advices: I went and sat at a cafe, and watched some YouTube videos, and read a bit of Cosmopolitan. Mindless activities that actually helped entertain my mind and stop me from overthinking everything.

The second thing I did was create a playlist (which you can listen to right here on Spotify). I guess I was feeling a bit sentimental yesterday, because these were the songs I listened to all day:

- Let Her Go, by Passenger.
I had this on repeat the whole entire day. Seriously, I easily listened to it a good twelve times. I guess I was relating to it a lot yesterday. It got me thinking.
"You only miss the sun when it starts to snow... Only know you've been high when you're feeling low." Some serious food for thought right there. Yup, I'm listening to it right now writing this. If you haven't heard it, stop reading this right now and listen to it. I'll wait.

Are you back? Isn't it freaking amazing!? Ok, let's continue.

- JOY, by Ellie Goulding.
Oh man, I am so totally girl-crushing on Ellie Goulding, it's actually getting creepy. I love every single one of her songs! Last month I had "How Long Will I Love You" on repeat, and this whole month has been JOY. I admit I shamelessly sing it at the top of my lungs when I'm driving to work in the morning.

- The A Team, by Ed Sheeran.
I love the power this song has to transport me to a far away land, as ridiculous as that sounds. I know you are rolling your eyes now, but it really does.

- Once In A Lifetime, by Landon Austin.
Such a sweet, soft song that brings All. The. Feels. I can never listen to it just once, it moves me like few others.

- Speed, by Cary Pierce
The slow-paced way in which he sings it and the accompanying, wistful guitar was a combo I got hooked on yesterday.

- All Of Me, by John Legend.
I'd be willing to bet my right arm that you wouldn't be able to find a more romantic, sensual song released in the last twelve months than this one so of course this was a must-listen for me.

- Fireside, by Brett Bixby.
This sounds a lot to me like "Once In A Lifetime". It has the same soulful melancholy to it that I can't resist when I'm in that kind of mood. I think this song is absolutely perfect for those romantic nights with your one and only, when the two of you are solely focusing on each other and it seems like there's no one else in the whole world. Ok, now I'm getting a bit too carried away. Let's move on to the next song...

- Hey Brother, by Avicii.
Avicii has also been one of the performers I've been listening to nonstop for the last couple of months. This song is quite upbeat but also a bit nostalgic at the same time, and that combination is simply fantastic in this case. Exactly what I was needing yesterday.

- All Farewells, by The Coast.
This song seems really strange to me at first. I don't even know how to describe it, except that it fit my mood to a T yesterday.

- Just To See You Smile, by Tim McGraw.
I love me a good country song that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Wow, actually forget about "a bit" sentimental. Judging by my musical choices looks like I was having a major emotional meltdown or something. But I felt so much better after a bit of time with my iPad and my coffee and my music. It's my foolproof recipe for those kinds of days, always works like a charm.

I don't know, am I really weird? Do any of you do something similar when you are having one of those days? Or does listening to this kind of music and being by yourself only makes it more depressing?
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go and listen to "Let Her Go" for the twentieth time. I'll see you tomorrow.



 photo Button1_zps4b1eff04.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...