HOME Home About Subscribe Features FAQ Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Thursday, November 27, 2014

"Lauren Conrad Beauty" Book Review

First of all, a HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my American friends out there! I hope today each one of you, American or not, have something in your lives to be thankful for. I know I do, and it's important to always remember that.

So I recently read Lauren Conrad Beauty, and thought it would be fitting to do a review of the book since this is, well, a beauty blog! If you have considered reading it, or even if you had never heard of it before but are now intrigued, keed reading...




What I liked...
When I think of Lauren Conrad I think of fashion before beauty. However, I can't deny that I do admire her beauty skills, and more specifically, her moderation and laid-back approach to it. She never seems to be too overdone or over the top. Her overall look sort of has that "girl next door" feel to it, and I love that. The book is full of little tips and tricks and tutorials on how to achieve precisely a very subtle makeup look. I love people (or in this case, books) that tell you that you don't need an extreme amount of makeup to look good. In fact, you don't need any makeup to look good, you just need a really kick-ass attitude and a ton of confidence, and the makeup is just an accessory that you enjoy using. That is the overall message of this book and I couldn't agree with it more.

The book is divided in different sections: hair; nails; face, etc., which I find very useful because you can easily go straight to the area that interests you more, and read the rest later.



What I didn't like...
For most of the book I got the feeling that the tutorials and tips were a little too much on the "safe" side. Yes, her every day makeup tutorials are super useful and of course, it's the one we will go for the most in our daily lives. But I would have liked to see some more tutorials that took more risks, were a little more fun and gave her overall look some edge. You don't always want to be looking so sober and neutral, right? I don't know about you, but for some special nights I do want to leave my comfort zone a little bit, try something I haven't tried before and experiment, even if that means bad news sometimes. And this book just didn't really do that, but I do appreciate that she stayed true to herself and shared what she likes the most.



The bottom line... 
Lauren Conrad Beauty is a light, enjoyable read. Nothing ground-breaking, but also not a waste of time. That being said, I would recommend it for those of you who are only starting to experiment with makeup and skincare. I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more had I read it three years ago, but at this point I was expecting something more, something with more substance. Therefore, I give it a rating of 3.5 out of 5, so don't be afraid to give it a go if you are looking for a beauty book to read.
You can get it on Amazon for $12.40 (hardcover) or on your Kindle app for $11.78.

Love you bunches!




 photo Button1_zps4b1eff04.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...