HOME Home About Subscribe Features FAQ Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Friday, February 14, 2014

Friday Roundup: Love Yourself


























Coupled-up, single, it doesn't matter.
Today, unlike most companies insist on telling us (Hallmark, I'm looking at you!) shouldn't be about whether we are in a relationship or not. I am all for celebrating love, but not this kind of exclusive "Only couples celebrate today" love. I believe, today more than any other day, that loving oneself is a far more important journey. Not an easy one, I'll tell you that. Forgiving yourself and accepting your flaws sometimes proves a million times more difficult than forgiving someone else for their shortcomings. Living happily is directly related to how much we love and value our lives, regardless of our relationship status.

In honor of that, today's Friday Roundup is all about quotes that have stuck with me and remind me to love myself first:


1. "To love yourself is the beginning of a lifelong romance."
- Oscar Wilde

2. "I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line."
- Lucille Ball

3. "If you want to soar in life, you must first learn to F.L.Y.  (First Love Yourself)"
- Mark Sterling

4. "People often say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder."
- Salma Hayek

5. "Let today be the day you love yourself enough to no longer just dream of a better life; let it be the day you act upon it."
- Steve Maraboli

Yes, it's supposed to be "You're" but still a lovely sentiment!
Source






















6. "Love yourself. You are the person you have to live with for the rest of your life."
- Unknown (to me)

7. "It's not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and to make your happiness a priority. It is necessary."
- Mandy Hale

8. "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched  - they must be felt with the heart."
- Ellen Keller

9. "Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship."
- Buddha

10.  "How I feel about myself is more important than how I look. Feeling confident, being comfortable in your skin - that's what really makes you beautiful."
- Bobbi Brown







 photo Footer_zps0751fb70.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...