HOME Home About Subscribe Features FAQ Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Monday, January 20, 2014

OOTD: Chilly Evenings

When the weather starts getting chilly, I have a sort of "uniform" I love to wear: a girly dress, basic tights and boots. It is very simple, yet you look tidy and put together without too much effort, while being warm enough to be outside. It isn't exactly chilly here, but I was very much in the mood to wear this (albeit for only 5 minutes), since I haven't been able to wear my boots for many, many months.



I like keeping accessories simple and feminine with this look: a little chain and matching earrings from Forever 21, and a stone bracelet I bought last month on our trip to Mexico. 
I have a big obsession at the moment with all things coral, and I like the pop of color this dress brings to the entire look. Keeping everything else in neutral colors ensures that the focus stays on the dress. I also love how the color of the dress complements the sunset and the green lot we were visiting. 




After a while, Tommy wanted to be featured too. He enjoyed being the centre of attention when I did his photo shoot last week and didn't want to be left out this time around:



Another great thing about this look is that when the weather starts warming up, it can be turned into a summer outfit in three easy steps (which I did a minute after the photos): pull your hair up in a bun, take off the leggings, switch the boots for some comfy flats, and done!



 photo Footer_zps0751fb70.jpg

4 comments :

  1. Super cute outfit, and I bet it's comfy too. =0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Kim! It definitely is! (although, not really in this heat...)

      Delete
  2. Luv ur boots... and the color of the nails too!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...