HOME Home About Subscribe Features FAQ Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Lip Balms Galore

Hello everyone!

Who in this world doesn't want to have smooth, lovely, plump, kissable lips? I know I definitely do, so today I am going to do a little review of all the (in my opinion) best lip balms and lip butters I have been hoarding as of lately.









1. The Body Shop Chocomania Lip Butter  (The Body Shop, $6)
If you like chocolate (and really, who doesn't!?), you will most likely love this one. It tastes very much like the real thing, and it is very moisturizing thanks to large amounts of Cocoa butter. However, it can be pretty greasy and sticky, so if you are not a fan of that, this one probably won't be your cup of tea.


2. Dior Creme de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm  (Sephora, $27)
I am just going to say this right now: paying $27 USD for a lip balm is just plain ridiculous. However, I must be really ridiculous because I plan on purchasing this over and over again once I run out. I am a lover of all things rose, and this lip balm is rose goodness all over. Of all the lip balms on this review, this one is by far the best tasting one. As far as performance goes, it does make my lips feel plumper (how do they do that!?), and I love it, but I think it is pretty much as moisturizing as other drugstore ones that cost a fifth of the price. But if you are feeling super luxurious and want to give your lips a delicious treat full of amazing ingredients such as Shea butter and Vitamins A and E, definitely give this one a try. You won't be disappointed.


3. EOS Organic Lip Balm in Strawberry Sorbet  (Target, $2.99)
Another lovely-tasting one! Like any good girly-girl, I will always love anything strawberry-flavored. This one does not disappoint in that respect: it really does taste like a scrumptious strawberry sorbet (yuuummm!!). However, when I put it on, I hardly notice it's there! I have to roll the little thing over and over and over my lips just to feel that I have it on. Also, it isn't the most moisturizing one. The price makes this one worth it, though, seeing as it pretty cute, tastes good and it's really cheap.


4. Maybelline Baby Lips in Quenched (Target, $2.99)
I am a big fan of the Maybelline Baby Lips line. This particular one I love because it tastes like vanilla and maybe a subtle hint of lemon, it is also very moisturizing but not greasy: it slides so easily onto your lips, and leaves them oh-so-smooth! It is super practical to carry around in your purse and just reapply whenever and wherever, and when you look at the price tag, this one is definitely a winner and one of my favorites.


5. Rocky Mountain Lemon Lime Lip Butter  (www.rockymountainsoap.com, $4.50 CAD)
I received this in a cute little gift box my dad brought me from his trip to Canada. I haven't seen it in the States, but you can get it from their website. For me, the smell and taste are a little too pungent and too lemony (some people will really like that, though). But I can't stress enough how amazing this is for your lips: it goes on smoothly, and much like the Dior Creme de Rose, with this one my lips also feel plumper. I love how hydrated my lips feel after using this one, so for the colder months that are so rapidly approaching, I would definitely recommend carrying one of this in your purse, as they are small and practical.


6. Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream Kiss  (Target, $3)
This product is great when you are looking for a moisturizing, thick lip butter that you can feel on your lips for hours. I usually use it before bed, I'm not sure it would go really well with lipstick on top as it can be pretty thick, so I just let it work its magic all night, and wake up with the softest lips.
It also has the added bonus that it tastes really nice, like a nice caramel latte, and it is also one of the cheapest ones.


7. LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub  (LUSH, $9,95)
I could not finish this review without adding this gem from LUSH. This was actually one of the very first products I tried from them, and definitely one of my favorites. This is a must-have if you love all things pink and sweet, like me. It is very aptly named, since it does taste like pink bubblegum. You just rub it all over your lips, giving them a good scrub and then lick the excess. Yes, this one is actually edible! I have to admit, sometimes I use it just so I can eat it (a little embarrassing, I know). If you don't really like things that are very sweet and sugary, probably try another one of their lip scrubs line: they have three more: Popcorn, Mint Julips and Sweet Lips. I have tried them all, and I also like Popcorn and Mint Julips, but didn't really enjoy Sweet Lips too much as the chocolate taste was a little too fake for me. After using it, put on any lip balm or lip butter on top for best results.


Now that the cold season is almost upon us, lips will tend to become dry really quickly and if you are like me, they will also probably chap and crack, so make sure to constantly show them some love. After all, they are the ones responsible for those wonderful smooches! For practicality, keeping a stick one in your purse works best as you don't have to use your fingers to rub it on your lips (if you are out and about, they might not be too clean); and then at night use a scrumptious one that you can rub as needed to let it work overnight.

I am always looking for amazing lip balms and lip butters, so please do leave a comment telling me what your favorite lip balm is and why I definitely should try it! Also, if you have used any of the lip products above, let me know how they worked for you, it is always so interesting to hear different opinions and points of view about the same product!
















No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...