HOME Home About Subscribe Features FAQ Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Friday, September 20, 2013

We All Need a Haven


First of all, welcome to my blog!

The first blog I tried to write came at quite a negative stage in my life. I created it to help me understand that small things in every day are what make us happy, and that it pays off to focus on them rather than on those little bits that we'd rather not experience. However, I no longer relate to that blog. It sort of lost my essence a little bit. I am much happier now, and no longer feel that I need to write there in order to make myself feel better.

So that is how The Happy Life Of A City Girl came about. I am happy. (Please note: my life is far from perfect, but I am now, finally, perfectly happy with it). I am also most definitely a city girl. And there is nothing I want more than to write about everything and anything, share thoughts, and document little wonderful snippets of this world we live in. If I am completely honest, I also want a platform where I can truly be myself, and fully learn who Veronica really is.

I don't want to bore you too much with the whole story of my life, so I'm just going to describe myself in five words, and then throughout the posts you will get to know me a little better as I hope I do you too. I am a daydreamer, an over-thinker, a product junkie, a pink lover, and a shower-singer. Hmm, that was a little more than five words (eight actually) but I hope you'll forgive me for that.

This blog is going to be a hobby for the most part, but I hope someday I can make it my job. For that reason, I see fit that the very first post is about my dream office space. I have resorted to Pinterest because it just never fails to inspire me, and sure enough, there I found these little spaces that are totally me and that I definitely want to have in my house someday:



Image from Cupcakes and Cashmere

Image from Little Bits of Lovely



As you can see, I love little vintage items, chevron prints, flowers and of course a subtle touch of pink or pastels when it comes to decorating. Also, I tend to lean towards crisp and clean details, sort of a minimalist style works more for me.
Now I want to know: do you have a little space in your home that is your own personal haven? Do you have a totally pinterest-worthy office? And also, if you'd like, describe yourself in five words so that we can start knowing each other a lot better, shall we?










No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...