HOME Home About Subscribe Features FAQ Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Source Of Inspiration

We are nearly there, the end of yet another week. I thought it was as good a time as any to share a poem I came across thanks to Kaelah from Little Chief Honeybee. I am currently going through sort of a tough time at work (I have to let two people go which is the single hardest thing for me to do!) so this couldn't have come at a better time in my life. I think it is so important to focus on the good, on the "I Have" and not the "I Don't", on the "I Achieved" and not the "I Can't". It is so easy to fall into a negativity spiral when things don't go our way, but in the greater picture of life, most things that are upsetting you today probably won't even matter one year from now, or five, or ten. There is a whole lot of life to live, so it is silly to go around life down and depressed when there is so much beauty in the world. That's what I love most about this poem: the reminder that happiness, true happiness, is within ourselves, and it is our choice (and only ours!) to find it.

Image taken from Sunday Satsang



















Yes, it might be easier said than done, but when we are finally able to truly grasp what it means to be happy, our whole lives will change for the better. Bad, upsetting, stressful and sad things will continue to happen, but we will know that we are worth so much more than all of that. Our peace of mind and a happy spirit are invaluable, and we should never give "small" things the ability to control our life.

One of my favorite songs to listen to in the car is Kelly Clarkson's Catch My Breath. I absolutely love the line: "No one can hold me back, I ain't got time for that. I won't let them get me down, it's all so simple now". I think she is spot on: once you realize how simple it is not to let external stuff control your happiness, you will finally achieve it.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...