HOME Home About Subscribe Features FAQ Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Friday, November 8, 2013

Sweather Weather Tag

I have been seeing this tag floating around the internet lately (such as here), and I thought, why not do it? I'll tell you why not: we don't get fall here in Colombia! We are right on the Equator, so we don't have any seasons. Whatsoever. Except maybe two: the rainy, and the not-so-rainy. But hey, at least I can get in the fall spirit, even if it is currently 92F outside, can't I? sort of a glass-half-full mindset, if you will.

Anyway, let's get started on my not-exactly-sweater-weather tag:

1. Favorite Candle Scent?
My favorite candle scent will have to be Leaves, from Bath and Body Works. It smells so good and so autumny, that just by turning the ac on, I can pretend it is really fall. I have some trouble describing scents, but just believe me when I say that you won't regret getting it. The website says it smells of "golden nectar, red apple and spiced berries". Can't get much more autumny than that!



2, Coffee, tea or hot chocolate?
Definitely coffee. I will drink a warm cuppa coffee anytime regardless of the weather.

3. What's the best fall memory you have?
My best fall memory is from 2005 in Germany. I would bike to school every morning, enjoying the crisp air and just marveling at all the beautiful leaves on the ground. It was my first ever true fall experience, and I was completely awed by it. It was incredibly beautiful.

4. Which makeup trend do you prefer, dark lips or winged eyeliner?
I wrote a whole blog post on dark lips last week. I am currently digging the deep red or deep oxblood lip. I specially wear it on date nights or for parties. I believe it looks appropriate and sexy for those occasions, even in the terrible heat.

5. Skinny jeans or leggings?
I like skinny jeans, but lately I have been obsessed with leggings. They are way more comfortable than skinny jeans, no question about that, and I love how they can be dressed up or down, and you still look put together. They can be worn with dresses, tops, skirts, you name it, they are so versatile!
Some of my favorite leggings looks (from Pinterest):

Source

Source
Source

6. Hats or scarves?
Well, I'd have to be crazy to wear scarves over here (how I miss them!) so I'll go with hats. Well, beach hats, to be exact.

7. Combat boots or uggs?
Combat boots by far. When I was in New Zealand I loved wearing them. Although Uggs seem so comfy and cozy, I have never owned them, I always just went with really thick socks and warm fuzzy slippers instead.

8. What is your favorite thing about fall?
The display of colors is breathtaking. And the fashion is still fun, yet more sophisticated than in summer, so I love it too.

I definitely look forward to many more real autumns, though. There is something that feels magical about it, and to someone who has only experienced a hand full of them, it is all the more exciting and enjoyable!

If you do get fall where you live, what is your absolute favorite thing about it?




No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...