HOME Home About Subscribe Features FAQ Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Monday, November 18, 2013

My Nighttime Skincare Routine Plus Reviews

Finding just the right products for your skin is no easy task: for me it has been a trial-and-error process, and it can sometimes be very daunting and disheartening when I have high hopes for a product and the results are disastrous (LUSH Fresh Farmacy, I'm looking at you!). Right now though, I am pretty satisfied with these four gems, and although my skin is far from perfect, they are delivering pretty satisfactory results at the moment:



Let's start with the first one:



Neutrogena Deep Clean Oil-Free Makeup Remover Wipes: These and The Body Shop's Tea Tree Cleansing Wipes are the only wipes I have ever tried that do not break me out. However, I prefer the Neutrogena ones, as the Tea Tree Oil tends to burn my face slightly, for some reason my face reacts to them (not strongly, though). And considering they are half the price ($6.39 USD) I am likely to just stick with Neutrogena.

They are the first product I use: they get rid of the first layer of makeup, and I also remove all of my eye makeup with these as the other products aren't really suitable for the eye area. I wouldn't recommend using only cleansing wipes, as they really can't get rid of all the dirt and gunk, and the face just doesn't feel clean. 




 It has a lovely, soothing texture and it continues to get rid of all the makeup the wipes left behind. It claims to help prevent breakouts thanks to the salicylic acid. I am actually neutral on that: I don't think it particularly prevents them, but it also doesn't cause them. Plus, its texture calms my skin and it is very good at removing makeup and dirt.

Then I move on to LUSH's Let The Good Times Roll Cleanser:








I just have to say that this product is Heaven sent! Being a huge Lushie, I had heard all of the hype surrounding this product: nearly every day someone would express their disappointment that it had been discontinued, and I kept wondering what could possibly be so darn great about it. Then they brought it back (this time permanently) around a month and a half ago, and I decided I had to see for myself.

I have to say here, that I was extremely hesitant to purchase it, as the description states that this is for "all skin types". Now usually, I would stay miles away from any product that is meant for all skin types, as my face has declared war on anything that isn't specifically for oily skin. But this time curiosity got the best of me, and I ordered the small pot (Now I wish I had ordered the larger one!). The first thing I noticed is its yummy scent: it smells of corn and caramel, but not in an overpowering or overly sweet way, it is very subtle. Then, I grabbed a pinch of it, just a little pea-sized one, as a little goes a long way, and mixed it with water to create a paste. I massaged onto my whole face, and was afraid it would break me out because it felt very moisturizing. When I rinsed it off, it did leave my face feeling soft and supple, but also squeaky clean. I have now been using it for around two weeks, and not only does it not break me out at all, but my face is softer than ever. I never ever put moisturizer on at night because my face would just go nuts, but with this product I don't even have to! I have now become one of the thousands that swear by it.

If it is starting to get really cold where you live, then run don't walk to get this! your face will be desperately needing some hydration, no matter your skin type, and this product will give it just that in the nicest possible way.

Using these three products leaves my face completely makeup- and gunk-free. For my makeup and skin type, this is the only way I feel truly clean.

Finally, I top off my routine with Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions Clarifying Lotion, a toner that unclogs pores and absorbs excess oil. Since I've been using it, I have definitely noticed a difference in the amount of oil on my face. It contains significant amounts of salicylic acid, so I don't recommend it for sensitive skin types, as it can be a little irritating (it does tingle a little when I put it on).





So far, my skin hasn't declared war on me with this routine, so I don't think I'll be changing it any time soon. Don't fix what ain't broken and all that, ya know?





1 comment :

  1. Thank you for sharing such valuable and helpful information and knowledge. This can give us more insights! Keep it up. I would love to see your next update.
    self care products

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...