HOME Home About Subscribe Features FAQ Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Top 5: Movies That Moved Me

Don't worry, I'm not gonna go all Titanic on you. If it wasn't so cliché, I would definitely include it in this list because it really did move me; then again, it moved everyone who isn't made of stone, so I thought of adding five more movies that had that same effect (we shall call it "The Titanic Effect" from now on) on me:




5. Life Is Beautiful
I was ten years old when this movie came out, and I still remember being upset for days over why this didn't have a different ending... it was so close!  Every single element of this movie makes it impossible to forget: how unbearable it was for the mom to watch his son and husband get taken away to a concentration camp; the incredible sacrifices of the dad to shield his child from the horror they were living in; his marching in front of the son at gunpoint... it is all just too much to bear!






4. Toy Story 3
I may or may not have cried when I watched this the first time. It touched on so many issues, from letting go of your old life and embracing change, to the importance of cherishing true friends and staying close regardless of the distance. Don't judge me! Like you didn't tear up a little (or a lot) watching the opening sequence of Up!





3. The Next Three days
I literally lay awake in bed for almost the entire night after watching this movie. It just freaks me out a little bit to think about how easily your life can change overnight and become your worst nightmare, but more frighteningly, how someone else's decisions can affect it forever.






4. P.S. I Love You
This one is pretty much self-explanatory. It also didn't help that I happen to have a soft spot for Gerard Butler...






5. Sex And The City
Yes, this is on my list. But not at all because of the whole Carrie-Big debacle. The part that makes me cry my eyeballs out every single time I watch it is towards the end, when Miranda and Steve are walking on the Brooklyn Bridge. They make a promise to each other to leave the past behind and never look back. It is so emotional and full of that longing for each other that only true love brings. Yes, I am still very emotionally invested with those four girls...




No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...